3. “David Bowie: Discovering Fame” The important thing factor on this documentary to take dwelling to your mind is that it exhibits the ten wilderness years earlier than Bowie took off with Ziggy Stardust in 1972. One must know that he was in his first band in 1962, when the Beatles have been simply taking off. So the stamina that 10 years adrift taught him, and likewise the few instances when it regarded like issues have been taking off however then didn’t, should have knowledgeable the remainder of his profession. I didn’t understand till I watched this that he was at instances, within the early days, means astray however he stored regrouping and coming again.
4. “The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe,” by C.S. Lewis It’s a nice mystical journey story to feed the creativeness of children. You need to perceive that I’m dyslexic and so learn only a few books, however I learn all the seven Narnia ones after I was younger. I later discovered that Lewis was lacing in faith to the collection. However later, I spotted you possibly can simply ignore the symbolism if you happen to wished to.
5. “The Nice Escape” A traditional struggle movie and one I’ve watched many instances. The very fact it’s based mostly in fact, when a number of struggle movies in these days weren’t, makes it even higher. I just like the movie a lot, I’ve even watched it in German. As I do my stand-up in German, I used to be enjoying Berlin, and I purchased the DVD of the movie there. If you happen to swap on the German audio observe and simply have English subtitles, it’s a completely different movie. Out of the blue they’re all speaking German, and so it simply turns into a battle between an excessive proper regime and other people combating for a return to humanity.
6. “Waterloo Sundown” Written by Ray Davies of the Kinks and carried out by them. It’s a tune that I’ve at all times thought was by chance excellent for me as I knew precisely the place to see a Waterloo sundown. Waterloo Bridge is my favourite London bridge (we now have many). Once I was a road performer at Covent Backyard, I used to stroll throughout the bridge to carry out in entrance of the Pageant Corridor on London’s South Financial institution. And at some point after Covid, I’ll carry out contained in the Pageant Corridor. After which I’ll watch one other sundown and I’ll play “Waterloo Sundown” once more.
7. “Pogles’ Wooden” If you happen to seek for “Pogles’ Wooden: Honey Bees” on YouTube, you possibly can see an episode of this early animated TV collection that I used to be mesmerized by after I was about 5 years previous. Usually if you happen to watch again at TV exhibits that you just discovered entertaining at that age, you can see them drained and old school in fashionable instances. However “Pogles’ Wooden” nonetheless holds up with its combination of animated characters, weirdly beguiling music and quick items of live-action documentary that confirmed and taught you issues from the true world.
8. The “99” Ice Cream What did folks do earlier than ice cream? No one is aware of. However the “99” is a staple of the British ice cream world. It’s only a fundamental wafer cone with delicate white vanilla ice cream swirled on high of it, however the crowning distinction that makes it a factor of genius is a chocolate Flake caught diagonally (at all times diagonally) into the aspect of the vanilla ice cream.