Three members of the family whose our bodies have been present in the lounge of a Glenaire home over the summer season all died of pure causes presumably associated to the premature demise of the house caretaker, an investigation led by the Clay County Sheriff’s Workplace has decided.
The household was taken care of by 66-year-old Roger Wilfong, who died in June roughly one month earlier than his physique was found, in accordance with the sheriff’s workplace. Post-mortem outcomes confirmed he choked to demise whereas consuming.
His mom, Virginia King, 99, and sister, Mary Wilfong, 67, have been unable to get round the home with out his help, in accordance with police.
Investigators imagine the mom and sister presumably died as a result of they have been unable to entry meals, water, medicine or sanitation, Sarah Boyd, a spokeswoman for the sheriff’s workplace, mentioned in an announcement. The air-conditioning was not working within the house as temperatures rose nicely into the 90-degree vary in the course of the time when they’re thought to have died and presumably performed a task of their deaths, Boyd mentioned.
The precise reason behind demise for the mom and sister is unknown, Boyd mentioned. The household canine was additionally discovered useless subsequent to a bathroom within the toilet. Its physique was too decomposed for the veterinarian performing a necropsy to find out reason behind demise, authorities mentioned.
No foul play was found within the deaths and the county sheriff’s workplace has closed its investigation, Boyd mentioned.