Apple is altering how iPhone customers ship textual content messages, introducing an upcoming characteristic that may enable folks to edit a textual content after it’s despatched by iMessage.
Beginning within the fall, these with the newest replace of iOS 16 will enable iPhone customers to edit, and even recall, iMessages despatched in error.
“Customers can edit or recall just lately despatched messages, get better just lately deleted messages, and mark conversations as unread to allow them to come again to them later,” an Apple spokesperson stated in a information launch.
The iPhone maker can also be redesigning the lock display screen in probably the most substantial visible redesign iOS 16 has acquired because the introduction of the iPhone X.
Apple says the brand new options, together with the iMessage “undo ship” choice, might be obtainable to older iPhones however are supposed to work with the forthcoming iPhone 14.
Craig Federighi, Apple’s head of software program engineering, known as the newest redesign “an unbelievable set of recent personalization options that may make your expertise really feel recent and extremely you.”
“iOS 16 is a giant launch with updates that may change the way you expertise iPhone,” stated Federighi.
Apple kicked off its Worldwide Builders Convention (WWDC22) on Monday.
Listed here are a few of Apple’s new options launched by the forthcoming iOS 16 updates.
- Notifications have been redesigned to roll up from the underside, guaranteeing customers view their customized Lock Display screen.
- Dictation has been redesigned to make it simpler to change between dictating textual content and enhancing it with a keyboard.
- Dwell textual content will now work with video, letting customers nonetheless copy and paste textual content from a paused video.
- Apple Maps lets customers add a number of stops to a route and sync them between iOS and Macs.
- “Purchase now, pay later,” a operate designed to supply customers an interest-free, four-month mortgage on any funds made utilizing the corporate’s cost infrastructure.
- Household Sharing gives a neater approach to arrange an account for a kid with the correct parental controls.
- Safari provides shared Tab Teams to share a set of internet sites with family and friends, making it seamless so as to add tabs and see what others view.
- The Health app is obtainable to all iPhone customers to assist monitor and meet health targets, even when they don’t have an Apple Watch.
“We have now reimagined how the Lock Display screen appears and works with thrilling new options that make it extra private and useful, launched iCloud Shared Photograph Library for households, streamlined communication by new capabilities in Messages and Mail, and harnessed enhanced intelligence with updates to Dwell Textual content and Visible Look Up,” Federighi added.
— iJustine (@ijustine) June 6, 2022
Apple additionally says it’s partnering with Canada’s Shopify to permit customers to trace the progress of their orders in Apple Pockets.
Twitter has lengthy teased an edit button on its social media platform, however the characteristic has but to be launched.
Apple in some way beats Twitter to the edit button.
— Mark Gurman (@markgurman) June 6, 2022
Twitter introduced in April that it was working on an edit feature for tweets.
That prompted Elon Musk, the billionaire Tesla CEO and energy Twitter person now embroiled in a public battle to buy the social media big, to launch a Twitter poll asking customers in the event that they wished an edit button.
Greater than 4 million folks voted.
Many Twitter users- Kim Kardashian, Ice T, Katy Perry and McDonald’s company account- have lengthy begged for an edit button.
The corporate just lately teased customers with an April Fool’s Day tweet saying, “we’re engaged on an edit button.” Its Twitter account stated Tuesday that the April 1 tweet wasn’t a joke, and it has been engaged on it since final 12 months — and that it didn’t get the thought from Musk’s ballot.