Now that Open Enrollment is over, you may enroll in or change Market protection solely if in case you have a life occasion, like getting married, having a child, or shedding well being protection, that qualifies you for a Particular Enrollment Interval.
Does my life occasion make me eligible for a Particular Enrollment Interval?
There are four primary kinds of qualifying life occasions:
- Lack of well being protection: Shedding job-based protection (whether or not via your self or a member of the family) or eligibility for Medicaid, Medicare, or the Youngsters’s Well being Insurance coverage Program (CHIP)
- Family adjustments: Marriage, youngster start or adoption, divorce, or loss of life
- Residence adjustments: Sure family strikes, like transferring to a brand new ZIP code or county
- Different qualifying occasions (like revenue adjustments): Adjustments that make you now not eligible for Medicaid or the Youngsters’s Well being Insurance coverage Program (CHIP), leaving incarceration, and so forth.
See the full listing of life occasions.
How do I apply for 2020 protection via a Particular Enrollment Interval?
- If you happen to qualify for a Particular Enrollment Interval, create an account or log into an current one to enroll in a plan for 2020.
- You could be requested to submit paperwork to substantiate the life occasion that makes you eligible.
Undecided your life occasion counts as a Particular Enrollment Interval? Simply reply a few fast questions to seek out out.